3600 words and counting…

July 2, 2013

The sequel for Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic got its first official words today. Actually, I’m still ignoring emails (etc) in favour of writing. I figure I have a good hour remaining in the work day. And yes, I have chocolate fuel on hand – 70% and 72% valhrona to be specific – and “local” Rainer cherries. Also new “jade” ink currently all over the fingers of my right hand.

So far so good … wish me luck!! May the muse be with me.

openingwordsforTREASURES

1. Catherine T. permalink
    July 2, 2013 5:03 PM

Holy freakin cow I can’t believe you wrote all that by hand! Love all your inspiration and can’t wait to read #2 🙂

• July 2, 2013 5:25 PM

Catherine, I write the first drafts by hand so I can’t edited myself (as much – ha!). Second draft goes onto the computer and from there onward and so forth!! I have to break it up – hence the Pilates class, emails, and blog post I also managed to fit in today – otherwise my hand cramps something insane. I also have one of those squeeze balls and got my fountain pen fixed, which seems to be helping!!

I’m looking forward to #2 as well!! Already thinking up new cupcakes (!!!)

• Catherine T. permalink
        July 3, 2013 5:34 PM

Thanks for sharing your process! I find it fascinating, but I’m a bit of a nerd like that…

Have you ever tried finger pilates? Or is that what you meant? lol

Cannot wait for more cupcakes and trinkets (and other deadly magic)!!

• July 3, 2013 7:55 PM

no, I meant the full body Pilates – LOL!! Up to 6800 words now… that’s a long first chapter!!

• Catherine T. permalink
        July 3, 2013 8:34 PM

hahaha! It’s supposed to help with flexibility (not sure how necessary that is…) but really it helps release tension in the fingers, hand and wrist..

I need you to stay strong and healthy so you can write us more fabulous books! and CONGRATS! that is a crap ton of words!

• July 4, 2013 4:58 PM

Oooo, interesting!! Thanks for the link!!

2. July 2, 2013 5:13 PM

I just finished Cupcakes…I can’t wait for the next one. Please write fast 😀

• July 2, 2013 5:16 PM

That’s the plan! I’m attempting a strict word count this month – 70k (which is ridiculous, BTW) – so I hope the muse agrees with the speedy pace!

Thanks for reading. Glad you enjoyed it enough you want more!!

3. July 2, 2013 5:17 PM

Yippee Skippee, Rah Rah Rah!!!! How cool is THAT?!?!?! And you write long-hand? If I tried that, I wouldn’t be able to read anything I wrote – LOL! I have been recommending Cupcakes to all my GoodReads, Twitter and Facebook followers, hope that helps bump sales for you a bit – we need to make sure that you have all the encouragement you need to write!

• July 2, 2013 5:31 PM

Merci beacoup, Leiah!! Much, much appreciated! Sales have been steady so far. I’m certainly very pleased, but then I get a kick out of every sale, even in the slow months. Sometimes, when I’m typing the 2nd draft into the computer, I come across a word or even a phrase that is unreadable. Then, I have to rewrite based on the sentences surrounding the unreadable part – often wondering if I am missing some genius or bettering it – LOL!!