2015 Knitting FOs (Finished Objects)

January 2, 2016

Non-knitters will find this post terribly boring. Sorry. 🙂 But I wanted to share the knitting projects I finished in 2015. Well, at least everything I remembered to snap a picture of. It was a slower year for knitting – but two and half baby blankets will do that – and as you can see I was focused on knitting coordinating outfits for a new niece (born at the end of July) and a new ‘nephew’ born at the end of December.

FYI – I’ve linked the pictures to Ravelry project pages, either my personal project or the main pattern page.

Norah's Moderne Baby Blanket

Norah’s Moderne Baby Blanket – unblocked

IMG_0552

No personal Ravelry project page 🙁 This is Beyond Puerperium. Yarn: Spud and Chloe Sweater, colourway: turtle. The pink and white mother of pearl buttons are from ButtonButton in Vancouver.

IMG_0554

Again no personal Ravelry page :(. These are Little Squirrel by Tin Can Knits.

IMG_0556
IMG_0558

IMG_0566

No personal Ravelry page. I tweaked the cables to match the Deluxe Cashmere Blanket above. This is Cable Baby by Pamela W Allen.

Lev's Moderne Baby Blanket

IMG_2737

IMG_2739

IMG_2740

IMG_2741

Barley

Easy Peasy

I think this little hat might be my favourite of the baby knits.

Finally a present for myself! Ley Lines made out of recycled cashmere.

Finally, a present for myself! Ley Lines knit out of recycled cashmere.

What was your favourite item knitted in 2015? What are you most excited to knit in 2016?

1. Vanessa permalink
    January 2, 2016 1:38 PM

So nice!! I’m a crocheter so I can appreciate all of your hard work. I’ve always wanted to learn how to knit too. Gorgeous work!!

2. Kristin permalink
    January 2, 2016 1:41 PM

Where can you get the pattern for the larger blanket/throw? I love it!

3. January 2, 2016 1:54 PM

Nice! I see you did a Barley Hat. I made two of them myself this past year. One a baby size and one a child size. I would love to make one for myself 🙂 I think my favorite item I knit last year was my first pair of socks. They are warm, comfy and cozy. My SockHead Hat comes in at a very close second.

• January 2, 2016 2:04 PM

I absolutely adore knitting socks and I usually only knit socks. And yet, not a single pair last year!!

4. Jolene Poseidonae permalink
    January 2, 2016 2:05 PM

Zero knits in 2015, which was sort of sad to realize. (I have three wheels and an e-spinner as roommates!!) I miss knitting.

• January 2, 2016 2:19 PM

I’ve tried spinning with a spindle. I like it but it’s never captured my attention like knitting.

• Jolene Poseidonae permalink
        January 2, 2016 2:26 PM

I’m half in love with one of our wheels, to the point that I think of her as my wheel, but I do the maintenance and troubleshooting, not the spinning. I love that I get to touch the raw fleeces and minimally processed roving, but I haven’t the patience to knit with anything finer than worsted; I’ve got no business spinning.

5. Gale Doyle permalink
    January 2, 2016 2:41 PM

Great job of finishing all those projects. I’ve several that are “in the works”. Also sewing steampunk outfits for the festivals our group will be involved with. Keep on knitting and writing as we all enjoy your books.

• January 2, 2016 2:50 PM

Very cool! I use to sew a lot. But I was never satisfied with anything I made. For some reason, I’m more accepting with the knitting. I will keep on knitting and writing!!

6. Meredith permalink
    January 2, 2016 3:53 PM

Lovely projects. My favorite FOs this year were two shawls: a beaded Age of Brass and Steam for a friend and a Stripe Study Shawl for me. First up in 2016 are some FOs I’ve allowed to lurk around forever.

• January 2, 2016 5:08 PM

Ooooh, a beaded Age of Brass – lovely! Stripe Study Shawl might test my patience. 🙂 I have at least two WIP still lurking.

7. Linda R permalink
    January 2, 2016 4:06 PM

Lovely FO’s! Your Ley Lines is gorgeous! I have a couple of shawls that I finished this year that I really like (lindaran on Ravelry, if you’re interested) and I’m working on a blanket for my newest grandson. It’s slow going, though, because I’m also spinning all of the yarn for it – on a drop spindle. And I broke my hand just before Christmas so everything’s on hold for a bit. 🙂

• January 2, 2016 5:09 PM

Yeah, I’ve just worn Ley Lines for three days straight. I’m a pretty big fan of it. So cozy. Holy Molely – you’re spinning enough yarn for a baby blanket on a drop spindle? That’s crazy!! I’m so sorry about your hand. 🙁

• Jolene Poseidonae permalink
      January 2, 2016 9:03 PM

May your hand mend swiftly. How awful!

8. Stacey permalink
    January 2, 2016 5:04 PM

They are lovely. I started arm knitting for some quick gifts and it is completely addictive. Full finished product in Linder 45 minutes – hard to beat!!

• January 2, 2016 5:10 PM

I haven’t tried arm knitting yet, but I have two super bulky skeins of yarn that would be perfect for it. I’m stash busting in 2016, so I think I might actually get to them!!

9. Diane Castro permalink
    January 2, 2016 7:53 PM

I love them all. Sadly I’m not a knitter, just can’t seem to get it down, but I can crochet just about anything 😊

10. Angie Manes permalink
    January 3, 2016 6:42 AM

I really want to learn to knit. I feel a bit overwhelmed. Not sure where to start? Is there a website to guide me? Or should I find someone and pick their brain?

• January 3, 2016 7:39 AM

Angie – I’m self taught and that was before YouTube was such a big thing, now you can find video after video to help. But you don’t even have to do that. Tin Can Knits has an entire set of free patterns called the Simple Collection that teaches you how to knit – for free! I’m going to find you a link. Also your local knit shop will have classes and they will have a drop in night every week where you can bring your knitting and ask questions or just chat with other knitters.

11. January 3, 2016 1:14 PM

OH my gosh! I’m totally impressed – love that hat the best, too – so interesting and bet it will fit just great! I’m a terrible knitter…..i just make scarves to keep occupied while watching tv (which is boring) and find myself losing track of the patterns…urgh! Well, when i see your projects, I’m envious! Good for you and for the recipients! 🙂

• January 3, 2016 3:09 PM

I knit while watching tv too. I make most of my mistakes that way. Ha. I’m just not afraid to frog and start again. 🙂

• January 3, 2016 3:10 PM

Oh, and if you can do scarves you can knit just about everything I knit in 2015!

• January 4, 2016 11:33 AM

wellllllll, maybe i’ll give that hat a try! 🙂 thanks!!

12. January 4, 2016 1:03 PM

Those are beautiful! I really want to learn how to knit but can’t find any classes where I live. Does anyone have any suggestions of good books, or online videos to teach me the basics?

• January 4, 2016 1:13 PM

Wendy – I gave a quick answer to Angie above, with a link, so I’ll call your attention there instead of repeating/copying. I’m a pretty big fan of knitting, other hobbies have come and gone for me, but this one has stuck.

13. Amber permalink
    January 7, 2016 11:59 PM

I moved in 2014 and kind of dropped knitting for a little bit which was terrible. So basically getting back into knitting is my biggest goal for 2016.

• January 8, 2016 6:56 AM

Moving is terribly disruptive. I just moved twice in one year. Sigh. I should be settled now so that’s good. Knitting is just one of those hobbies that’s stuck with me. Keeps me sane, I think. 😀