Dowser 6: Lift in a Cup

April 17, 2016

Lift in a Cup Dowser 6 Meme

Usually, business in the bakery was quiet through the end of December and into the new year, with just a slight bump around New Year’s Eve. But it was three weeks into January already, and I’d had to bake extra Hug in a Cup — a buttercream-topped dark-chocolate cake — and Lift in a Cup — a delicate white cake with coffee buttercream — when we’d sold out an hour after opening. – Artifacts, Dragons, and Other Lethal Magic (Dowser 6)

Lift in a Cup recipe

Download recipe here as a PDF: LIFT IN A CUP PDF

I’ll be posting a master list of all the recipes appearing in Dowser 6 this week. And yes, including the Hug in a Cup mentioned in the excerpt above.

Thank you to my test bakers and my proofreaders!!

– DOWSER 6 PREORDER NOW AVAILABLE –

Release date: May 5, 2016

Preorders currently available on AmazonKoboiBooksBarnes & Noble, and Smashwords.

1. Susan permalink
    April 17, 2016 12:34 PM

Adding this to my recipie binder. Sounds yummy!

2. April 17, 2016 12:53 PM

These look delich! I love a good buttercream. This one looks a little different than what I make. What are the granulated bits in it?

• April 17, 2016 1:15 PM

Hi! That’s what the espresso powder does, though maybe I didn’t dissolve it enough in this batch … but it doesn’t taste granulated. 🙂

3. April 18, 2016 10:16 AM

you might be interested in this copyright issue about books

Google just ended copyright as meaningful.

4. April 19, 2016 4:49 AM

You’ve no idea how much I want to bake with you >.>

Also, highly recommend making cupcakes using Dutch Chocolate, ghirardelli dark chocolate (72%) Chips, Fresh mint, orange zest and juice (I used mandarin orange, but navels with get the same taste)… there’s more to it but I didn’t write down the recipe ;-;

It’s a recipe I made based off of my brother’s love for Mint Chocolate Chip, but I totally was thinking about Kett’s ‘taste’ when I was baking it.

• April 19, 2016 6:40 AM

Sounds tasty! I haven’t tried orange in a cupcake yet. I’ll be releasing at least two more cupcake combos in the next two weeks. And a list of the cupcakes mentioned in Dowser 6. And giveaways! LOL Thanks for reading and commenting.

Trackbacks