Oracle 3: 2nd draft excerpt

July 12, 2016

– May contain spoilers for Oracle 1 and 2 –

Oracle_Quote_2_butterfly

“Stop squirming,” I said. “This is what you came here for.”

“It tickles.”

I snorted. “Your life is fraught with inconvenience.”

Henry chuckled, causing his chest to shift underneath my careful henna application. Again.

“Don’t make me hurt you,” I snarled, only half-joking.

“I bet you say that to all the sorcerers.”

“Only the good guys.”

“I’m not sure you’re the best judge of that, Rochelle.”

“Yeah?” I kept my attention glued to the fine line I was adding to the henna design on Henry’s chest. “And what does that say about you?”

Henry didn’t answer. I flicked my gaze from his pale-skinned left pec to his piercing cobalt blue eyes, countering his judgemental silence with a sneer. He broke eye contact with me almost immediately.

I didn’t blame him. I wouldn’t want to be gazing into the weird light-gray eyes of a diminutive oracle either.

– Chapter 1, Oracle 3, 2nd draft (unedited and unproofed)

1. Megan permalink
    July 12, 2016 12:18 PM

Ahhh! I cant wait to read this book!

2. Clair Welbourne permalink
    July 12, 2016 2:49 PM

My fingers are itching to turn new pages. Thanks for the window into your new book. It is fabulous as always.

• madebymeghan permalink*
      July 12, 2016 2:54 PM

Just a quick glimpse. 🙂 The Oracle Series isn’t as quippy as the Dowser Series, so I have to share larger sections to give readers a proper taste. I wish I could write all the books faster!!

3. Pam permalink
    July 12, 2016 4:24 PM

I love the Dowser series but the Oracle books are amazing. Can’t wait for 3!

• madebymeghan permalink*
      July 12, 2016 5:27 PM

Yay!! So glad to hear it. I hope book three only enforces that opinion.

4. Michelle horstman permalink
    July 12, 2016 5:24 PM

Oh the agony of waiting!

• madebymeghan permalink*
      July 12, 2016 5:27 PM

❤️❤️❤️

• madebymeghan permalink*
      July 13, 2016 10:13 PM

I do hope it is worth it!

5. Jamie permalink
    July 13, 2016 12:25 PM

Sooo, excited for Oracle 3!

quick question for you Meghan?! How can I order all of the Dowser and Oracle in actual book form? Also, are they only paper back? I ask because when I find a series and an Author I love, I like to get all the books to add too my library collection 🙂

Again…very excited for Oracle 3!

• madebymeghan permalink*
      July 14, 2016 9:20 AM

Sorry, Jamie. My spam filter caught you. 🙁 it’s been doing a few wonky things since I upgraded the site. The Dowser and Oracle books are only in paperback. Not hardcover. I have links to the right of this page under each cover image, but they are available on Createspace, Amazon, and B&N. Not Kobo though (just the ebooks there). I don’t sell them autographed myself. Once they are shipped to me, then shipped out again a $11-$14 paperback is more like $20. Someday if I figure out how to do that more cost effectively, I’ll give it a try. Thanks for asking!!