I’m only agreeing so I get chocolate

October 27, 2017

“You were holding this entire time?” I cried, making a grab for the chocolate.

Kandy easily evaded my thievery attempt.

Apparently, my depth perception was a little off.

“Sometimes rewards should be actual rewards, Dowser. Not just daily indulgences.”

I smiled. “Fine. But I’m only agreeing so I get chocolate.”

– Dowser 7, Chapter One, Third Draft

Just a head’s up. Every time I share an excerpt that references any sort of chocolate I’m thinking about using the above image.

Also, “Fine. But I’m only agreeing so I get chocolate” will now be my go-to response to … well, life in general.

1. ROBIN HILL permalink
    October 27, 2017 10:29 AM

What a tease. I’m looking forward to reading about Jade and Kandy!

• October 27, 2017 10:31 AM

I’ve been enjoying writing them! 😊

2. Susie Baker permalink
    October 27, 2017 10:51 AM

so funny. We recently had friends visit and the husband who is partly deaf responded to what he thought he heard with, “some chocolate would be lovely.” Had us all laughing 🙂

3. aemanes1972 permalink
    October 27, 2017 11:09 AM

😂😂😂Perfect!

4. Malissa Phillips permalink
    October 27, 2017 12:12 PM

Oh I can’t even! I can’t wait! I can’t stop yelling lol! This is one of my all time favorite series!

• October 27, 2017 12:21 PM

Fantastic. 😊 Make sure you are all caught up. The characters and events in the Oracle and Reconstructionist Series are background to Dowser 7, 8, and 9.

5. Amy F permalink
    October 27, 2017 1:28 PM

As far as I’m concerned it’s the only reason to do actually, anything!
    Doing Laundry=chocolate
    Going to the Dr.=chocolate
    Paying bills= large pile of chocolate!
    Am glad I’m not the only one.
    Thank you Meghan, very much looking forward to your next read!
    You’re like chocolate to my eyeballs and brain with your fabulous stories!

• October 27, 2017 1:31 PM

LOL. That’s pretty much what my chore list looks like as well.

6. Sue Byrne permalink
    October 27, 2017 5:05 PM

Hurry up! I need more chocolate! Your books are the only way I can get it without adverse problems!

7. Melissa Baade permalink
    October 27, 2017 5:29 PM

OMG OMG OMG … I’m done re-reading the Dowser/Oracle books, I’m now on to the Reconstructionist ones again … hubby asked “Why??! Are you reading them again?” As far as I’m concerned, he NO longer exists in THIS world … I took my Nook, my bag of Hershey Miniatures ( it’s Halloween time, I’m making do), and went to curl up in bed and enjoy the wondrous world of Adepts … 😍😍😍

8. Mia permalink
    October 27, 2017 5:41 PM

Whooop. Great news. Can’t wait to have new dowser adventures to read through! Fortunately I’m still occupied with the reconstructionist series 🙂 gimme the chocolate 🍫!! 😍

• November 8, 2017 11:45 AM

Chocolate (and cupcakes) are coming. 😀 😀 😀

9. Teri permalink
    October 27, 2017 7:55 PM

can’t wait

10. Becky M permalink
    October 31, 2017 8:42 PM

I think I’ll make a sign to that effect and put it outside my cubicle wall at work…you want something? Where’s the chocolate?? LOL. Thoroughly enjoyed Unleashing Echoes…can’t wait for the next Dowser. Leaving on vacation for a week come Friday and have all the 3 series on my iPad…think I’ll start from the beginning in preparation.

• October 31, 2017 8:59 PM

So glad you enjoyed the Reconstructionist Series. 😊 And I hope you have a lovely vacation.

11. Sherry Rovansek permalink
    November 4, 2017 8:55 PM

The next book on The Dowser Series #7, sound incredible, can’t wait. When available for preorder I’m in ASAP! Have a window weekend. ❤️📚🐾❤️👍