Dowser Series Cover Reveals

April 23, 2014

I’d been thinking about rebranding the Dowser series for awhile, and knowing I was about to publish the third book in the series this seemed like the perfect timing. I adore Irene Langholm, who has done ALL of my book covers up to this point, but together we thought another cover designer might bring some lightness or playfulness to the covers.

And so entered Elizabeth Mackey.

We went with simple, strong branding – chocolate hues, of course – and I really, really love them.

Cupcakes _2nd book cover          Trinkets_2ndbook cover

I know, I know you want to see the third book!! How about a teaser and a cover reveal date to tide you over?

treasures_coverreveal_taste

Please feel feel to share, share, share!!

1. April 23, 2014 9:19 AM

I read spirit binder and time walker to tide me over for the next
    dowser book. Can’t wait, will wait, am ready! I love the idea of new cover art, by now you know what suits your characters and what doesn’t. A change now is about right.

• April 23, 2014 9:27 AM

Linda – true, I think readers see the Dowser Series on the lighter side than I originally thought and seem to love Jade’s love of all things chocolate. So I thought it might be a good idea to play that up on the covers, and maybe expand the audience for the books. I absolutely adore the covers for Spirit Binder and Time Walker though. I won’t be change those ones any time soon. Thanks for reading and commenting!

2. April 23, 2014 11:04 AM

i agree Meghan. I love the old covers, they caught my eye right away. However, the new covers do fit the storyline. The chocolate is a big part of the story line, and I agree that they give a lighter feel. And yes, you should pick up a broader base – looking at sales figures, the ‘foodie’ sorts of books do well, and their covers are much more lighthearted than the original Trinkets covers.

I agree – PLEASE don’t change the cover for Spirit Binder! It is one of my all time favorite covers. Honestly, IMO, the Time Walker cover doesn’t really grab me, but that is simply my personal preference. And no, don’t ask me ‘why’ that one doesn’t grab me as much as the others, I have no earthly idea!

It will be really interesting to see if you get a jump when you publish under the new covers. And yes, I DOOOOOOO want to review the new one!!!! (*Big Cheesy Grin*)

• April 23, 2014 5:48 PM

It’s funny how that works, isn’t it? Time Walker is one of my favourite covers. Irene Langholm does beautiful work, and it pained me to go to someone else for the rebranding, but Elizabeth was lovely as well, just different. Rather like life – LOL. Here’s hoping the new covers attract a broader audience!!

3. April 24, 2014 4:52 AM

Reblogged this on So, I Read This Book Today . . . and commented:
    If you haven’t read The first two books, pick them up today and prepare yourself! The cover reveal will be on my site on MAY 1 and I would love for you to drop by and see it.
    These new covers are beautiful!

4. Rhonda permalink
    December 3, 2014 2:12 AM

I have to say, the new covers worked for me. Even in the Kindle store I just knew it would be a series I’d like. I’m ready for book 4.

• December 3, 2014 10:44 AM