What cupcake should be featured in Dowser 5?

May 2, 2015

At the beginning of Dowser 5 *spoiler alert* Drake eats three different cupcakes. Two are new creations of Jade’s, and the fledgling has previously tasted the third one.

Dowser Series cupcake Masterlist

The Cupcake Masterlist for the Dowser Series

As I was working through the third draft today, I thought it might be fun if readers of the Dowser Series decided on the ‘previously tasted’ cupcake.

To that end, I have embedded a poll below – which I seriously hope works – with five possibilities. All of the cupcakes on the poll were mentioned in Dowser 1, and therefore could have previously been consumed by Drake (which is the main criteria).

Pick one. Majority rules.

I promise to release the cupcake recipe a couple of weeks before I release Dowser 5. Yum!

1. Molly permalink
    May 2, 2015 6:51 PM

How about dark chocolate with salted caramel?

• May 2, 2015 6:53 PM

Hi Molly! It needs to be one of the ‘older’ cupcakes previously mentioned in Dowser 1, hence the five on the poll. 😀

2. Susan permalink
    May 2, 2015 7:46 PM

Since I didn’t have a recipe for Sin in a Cup I made it up as I went along. Brilliant combination and thank you for the flavor profile idea!

• May 2, 2015 7:58 PM

Oh, that’s fun that you made your own!!

• Susan Sander permalink
        May 2, 2015 8:04 PM

…but I hope Sin wins so I can have the original!

3. beth permalink
    May 2, 2015 8:44 PM

I think it should be Buzz because of Drake’s limitless supply of energy. It seems ripe with opportunity to give the fledgling a buzz.

4. May 2, 2015 9:54 PM

Great, now I’m hungry!

5. May 4, 2015 4:33 AM

I agree with Beth! His boundless energy makes this cupcake perfect for him! Hugs, Leiah

6. May 4, 2015 7:58 AM

Reblogged this on So, I Read This Book Today and commented:
    I think that “Buzz in a Cup” would be perfect for Drake – he has such Boundless Energy! What do you think? Dowser 5 will be coming out, and Meghan needs your help. And if you haven’t read the books yet? They are GREAT!

7. Rachel@{i love} my disorganized life permalink
    May 6, 2015 11:09 PM

I always crave a cupcake when reading this series! Just finished #4, including Oracle #1, and can hardly wait to read the next book in each series! Loving all the characters! {and the cupcakes}

• May 7, 2015 7:37 AM

💗 I’m so glad you like the series, characters, and cupcakes 😊 I love writing them. 💗

8. Susan permalink
    May 26, 2015 10:52 AM

Definitely “Buzz in a Cup” for aforementioned reasons.

I’m a cookie baker and here are two “cupcake” ideas you might like: double- chocolate-chocolate mint (Andees candies, has just a breath of mint) and ginger snaps with a hint of chipotle ( a little less than an 1/8 of a tsp per batch ).

• May 26, 2015 10:58 AM

Buzz did win. But I was just sneaky and released Ecstasy as well via IndieVisible (baking contest). I’ll post both recipes here next month as well.

Funnily enough, I’m a cookie baker as well. Don’t tell anyone, but I prefer it. Simpler.

Ideas are always welcomed! I have two new Christmas themed ones in Dowser 5 that really won’t make sense to release until next December, but that’s just how the timeline worked out.

Trackbacks