Cramped working conditions

July 15, 2015

Sometimes I’m surprised I can get any words written at all.

Leo (silver Persian, chair) and Parker (gold Persian, desk) over see the first draft of I See You (Oracle 2)

Leo (silver Persian, chair) & Parker (gold Persian, desk)  supervise the first draft of I See You (Oracle 2)

Yeah … I love every minute of it.

I mean, what else is the second (seriously hard) chair for?

1. Sherry permalink
    July 15, 2015 3:25 PM

I can understand. I am working from home due to recent surgery and I have three chihuahuas who feel they all three need to been on me or the desk if I am sitting!

• July 15, 2015 3:32 PM

Thank goodness the chickens are ‘livestock’ not ‘pets’ or I’d be in real trouble!!

• July 15, 2015 3:33 PM

Oh! I hope you’re healing swiftly!

• Sherry permalink
        July 15, 2015 3:41 PM

I am thank you! 2 weeks after hip replacement and I was out pulling my garlic out of the garden today!

• July 15, 2015 3:44 PM

Garlic (and mobility!) – nice! Ours didn’t work out this year 🙁 New garden, bad soil. Some things are growing but we picked the wrong spot for the garlic. The tomatoes are going insane in this heat though. I’m expecting to be swamped any day now. And we might actually get corn!!

• Jolene Poseidonae permalink
      July 15, 2015 3:48 PM

Hero dogs! How can you mend if they don’t tend to you??

2. Jolene Poseidonae permalink
    July 15, 2015 3:32 PM

(Came for the books. Stayed for the cats!)

Our Lu oversees my partner’s marketing and writing. Our desk is currently our kitchen table, and I love seeing Lu’s ears peek over the top of the laptop. My partner loves Lu’s “cannonballing” across the keyboard a wee bit less . . .

• July 15, 2015 3:35 PM

LOL. Michael’s ‘desk’ is the dining room table, which is the same as the kitchen table in this house. Leo perches on the kitchen counter behind him and screams for attention. He’s never learned the word subtle, though most cats are born with an innate understanding of the word.

• Jolene Poseidonae permalink
        July 15, 2015 3:39 PM

Well, it would be a shame for Leo to be overlooked. Just because I doubt it *has* happened thus far, it’s best to play it safe. . . Oh, cats. <3

• July 15, 2015 3:41 PM

We rescued him at age 2, so he’s been with us since 2010, and still we say “he had a difficult childhood” whenever he is naughty. LOL

• Jolene Poseidonae permalink
        July 15, 2015 3:44 PM

That’s perfect!

3. Sherry permalink
    July 15, 2015 3:51 PM

We have had too much rain. Everything is doing poorly except my garlic. If we could just get some space between the rainy days my plants may have a slight chance.

4. Linda Hope permalink
    July 15, 2015 8:21 PM

I write, too, and here’s what my furry demon does. Don’t the cats know that the flow of cat treats will come to a halt if I cannot earn money?

• July 15, 2015 8:42 PM

LOL. Love it! Leo has been know to do that and he gets away with it for a few minutes (except he’s usually facing me). Poor Parker gets shooed away, but then he’s the oldest so he should know better.