MCD FAQ: early 2018

January 30, 2018

*Pinning a post here, on Facebook, and on Twitter with answers to some of the most frequent questions I get asked.*

What is MCD currently working on?

I’m currently writing the first draft of Dowser 8, as well as outlining Dowser 9. I’m also writing three short stories that will be combined into Dowser 8.5 and released between Dowser 8 and 9. I’m also brainstorming a new urban fantasy series that takes place in the Adept Universe but features all new characters.

In between writing stints, I’m recording/narrating the audiobooks for the Oracle and the Reconstructionist Series. Once Oracle 1 is ready, I hope to release one audiobook a month. They should be available on Amazon, Audible, and iTunes.

When will Dowser 8 be available?

I just released Dowser 7 on January 18, 2018. I tend to release a book every 4 to 6 months.

What is MCD’s 2018 release schedule?

Dowser 8 – very late Spring 2018

Dowser 8.5 – Summer 2018

Dowser 9 – late Summer 2018

First book in the new urban fantasy series – late-Fall/early-winter 2018

Where else can I find MCD?

New Release Mailing List

Monthly Mailing List

Facebook and/or the Reader Run Facebook Fan Group

Twitter

Instagram (Warning: copious pictures of knitting, cats, and chocolate)

Where can I buy/find …

Dowser/Oracle Series T-shirts

The Dowser Series Cookbook – sign up for either of my newsletters (see the links above or on the top right of this page) to get a free PDF of the cookbook. There is no ebook/paperback currently available and no plans to release one in the near future.

Autographed paperbacks – on rare occasions (usually around November/December) I make paperbacks available for anyone who’d like to buy them directly from me. I usually announce this on my blog, Facebook, and Twitter. Other than that, you have to win one of my giveaways. 🙂

What are MCD’s favourite…

Books

Chocolate (post to come, but generally anything I’ve written into the books is a good bet).

Let me know if I’ve missed anything!!

In Michael’s studio, getting set up to record the audiobook of Oracle 1.

1. January 30, 2018 10:02 AM

I figure you are usually eating chocolate or thinking about chocolate, lol

2. Angie Manes permalink
    January 30, 2018 10:06 AM

Really love the outline. I am super stoked for anything new. I really love the audiobooks, can’t wait to listen to them on the way to work 🙂

• January 30, 2018 10:19 AM

I hope I pull the audiobooks off … just me reading. I don’t ‘do’ voices. But hopefully listeners will enjoy hearing me tell my tales. 🙂

• Angie Manes permalink
        January 31, 2018 7:05 PM

I am sure I will love it! 😉

3. Veronica Towey permalink
    January 30, 2018 10:29 AM

Thanks for the timeline. I like knowing when my next dose of Jade is coming. I really love the Audio books. I have the Dowser series – can’t wait for the Oracle and the Reconstructionist series.

4. Jenni Monsevais permalink
    January 30, 2018 11:37 AM

Three Dowsers this year!!!!!!!

5. Diane Sommers permalink
    January 30, 2018 12:19 PM

I’m really looking forward to more cupcakes, dragons, sexy vampires, werewolves, and anything else yourfa ulous imagination can bring to life with your excellent writing.🐉

6. Kelly B permalink
    January 30, 2018 12:25 PM

Thanks Meghan! You have mentioned writing a Necromancer series featuring Mory. Will that be in the future as well?

• January 30, 2018 12:31 PM

Kelly – Necromancer 1 is all brainstormed/outlined but has been shelved for Dowser 8 and the recording of the audiobooks (it was supposed to fall before Dowser 8 in the timeline). If the muse smiles on me in 2018 I will TRY to get it written, but I’ve taken it off my schedule for sanity’s sake.

• Kelly B permalink
        January 30, 2018 1:12 PM

Excited to read anything you write. The waiting is painful and boring, but chocolate helps! Thanks!!