I See Me: Author-Read-Along: Chapters Six and Seven
*SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS*
CHAPTER SIX – important beats:
- APPLE JUICE!
- Eyes changing colour (magic).
- Some hints to Beau’s not-so-great BG
- Rochelle’s art from Beau’s POV. He sees the magic, but doesn’t know how to talk to Rochelle about it.
He’d had the bakery heat up apple juice for me. I shouldn’t read too much into the action. There was no way he could possibly know what apple meant to me, just because I ordered apple pie last night. But still, my throat constricted, and when I tried to hold the emotion at bay, it flooded with a wave of heat through my face and neck. I gasped when the tightness moved to my chest. I couldn’t breathe. Oh, God. I think this was … happiness. Extreme, insane happiness. This didn’t happen in real life.
“It’s okay?” he asked.
“Yes,” I choked out. I looked up from the hot apple juice in my hand to lock my gaze to his. His face was blurry through my unshed tears.
“Don’t kick me out,” he said.
“I won’t.” – I See Me, Oracle 1, Chapter 6
CHAPTER SEVEN – important beats:
- Pocket of bliss (including the references to the function of the Brave in Chapter Six “a microcosm of our own design.”) and Rochelle’s disbelief in “true love” or “fate,” which is VERY important later.
- Hoyt is back. Silver reflection – Rochelle getting some hints here about magic (etc) that she promptly tries to reason away.
- Beau stays.
I was broken in a way that couldn’t be repaired. I could only endure. I really, really hoped that Beau staying meant he’d endure with me. – I See Me, Oracle 1, Chapter 7
I See Me (Oracle 1) read-a-long
Chapter Six & Seven (above)
What were your thoughts, comments, and/or questions on Chapter Six and Seven?